Week 10: Blog Forum




1) I think this photo of a woman standing in front of the capitol building would be my favorite photo I shot this term.

2) This photo stands out to me because the surroundings and environment are so nicely placed and is correspondent to the subject, especially with the excellent lighting of midday.

3) It reflects what I have learned in this journalism class because it captures an entire scene, which I realized is the whole point of photography.

4) Throughout this term, I've learned that to take a good photo, one needs to to get the best perspective of what really shows what is going on. With this in mind, whenever I try to shoot some photos, I know now to take several different photos from several different angels. I also learned that it's okay to go places and just start taking lots of pictures, that I don't have to be concerned of the people around me unless they are my subject.


GOALS: One goal I have for this class is learning how to properly use a professional camera. A second goal I have is to diminish some of the social anxiety I have when it comes to talking to people and taking their picture. A third goal for me for this class would be learning how to incorporate writing into the pictures I take.

No, I never wound up being an expert at using a professional camera, but I actually now know a lot more about them than I did. As for the second goal, a little bit of my social anxiety went away when asking people to take their picture, because a lot of times when you show up with a big camera, people tend to expect you to take their photo. And for my third goal, in a sense I did learn how to incorporate writing in the pictures I take, but not in the way I thought; I learned how to properly caption photos though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Event at Ralston Park in Lebanon, Oregon

Ruby LaToya Frazier